ROLF 3-SYNTHETIC 5W-40 is premium quality fully synthetic motor oil of a unique composition. The combination of three synthetic base oils and an advanced additive package provides excellent protection against wear, especially in thermally loaded areas, improved thermal-oxidative stability to prevent accumulation of deposits and the formation of varnishes on the surfaces of engine parts. Synthesized hydrocracking base oil provides thermal and antioxidant stability, which guarantees engine protection throughout the life of the oil. Polyalphaolefins (PAO) provide lower freezing temperatures and the highest viscosity index of the oil, which greatly facilitate engine start even at the lowest ambient temperatures. Due to the negative polarity of the atoms, the molecules of alkyl naphthalenes are attracted to the metal, which makes it possible to form a constant layer of oil film on the metal surface in friction pairs to provide unsurpassed engine protection in all temperature ranges. Your engine will be constantly oiled - even with a cold start.
It is recommended for use in modern gasoline and diesel engines, including turbocharged ones with direct injection, which require a level of performance properties API SN/CF, ACEA A3/B4 and below. ROLF 3-SYNTHETIC 5W-40 is approved and recommended by world leading car manufacturers.
• It provides continuous protection in all operating conditions, with different driving styles and in a wide range of temperatures
• The oil is resistant to loss of viscosity even under strong mechanical loads, which provides better protection at high shear rates and increased loads
• Minimal evaporation prevents increased oil consumption
• The excellent antioxidant properties of synthetic base oils help slow down "aging" and prolong the life of the oil.
• Adapted for start-stop traffic and urban traffic conditions
Approvals and compliances
|Name of characteristic||Method||Actual figure|
|Density at 15 °C, g/cm3||ASTM D4052||0,870|
|Kinematic viscosity at 100 °C, mm2/s||ASTM D445||15,6|
|Kinematic viscosity at 40 °C, mm2/s||ASTM D445||96,1|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||172|
|Dynamic viscosity CCS at -30 °C, mPa*s||ASTM D5293||5690|
|Total Base Number (TBN) , mg КОН/g||ASTM D2896||10,8|
|NOACK volatility, %||ASTM D5800||8,8|
|Flash point in an open crucible, ° С, not less||ASTM D92||240|
|Pour Point, °C||ASTM D97||-40|